10.0.4 update to 10.3 or later?

ms.katmai

Registered
Hi MacTechies,
I am buying a Certified Pre-owned iBook G3/500, dual bootable, 640 MB of RAM, 10 GB internal drive, with OS 9.1 and 10.0 installed. I will be wanting to share my friends' DSL connection via AirPort Express. I have figured that I will need to download MacOSX Combo update to 10.0.4, however which updates will I need to download after that to bring me up to a 10.3 or later?
Muchas Gracias in advance,
~ms.katmai

ms.katmai said:
Hi MacTechies,
I am buying a Certified Pre-owned iBook G3/500, dual bootable, 640 MB of RAM, 10 GB internal drive, with OS 9.1 and 10.0 installed. I will be wanting to share my friends' DSL connection via AirPort Express. I have figured that I will need to download MacOSX Combo update to 10.0.4, however which updates will I need to download after that to bring me up to a 10.3 or later?
Muchas Gracias in advance,
~ms.katmai

Unfortunately, you won't be able to download any updates to bring yourself up to 10.3 from 10.0.x.

You'll have to procure an Mac OS 10.3 installation CD/DVD. Since your hard-drive is so small, you might want to do an optional install and remove many of the languages and apps you won't need.

Going from 10.0.x to 10.3 you might want to do a clean install. Alot has changed...

In other words, ya gotta buy 10.3 or 10.4 if you want it.

As a rule of thumb, with Mac OS X, any update from 10.X to 10.Y will be a paid upgrade.

Any upgrade from 10.X.x to 10.X.y will be free.

Back