yes, but they posted that late *last* week, so they mean *this* week, actually.

Not sure what these would have to do with each other, though. I looked at what's new for Server 10.1.4 and it really has nothing to do with the desktop OS X. SMTP issues.

The server side of MACOS X has more "things" so i think that it is not essential that the server version will always have the same version number as the workstation one.

Correct me if i am wrong in my thinking.

Presumably that means they're fixing up sendmail, or some of its config scripts. Sendmail, complete with broken config scripts, has been a fixture of OS X since 10.0, so I could see the same changes being called for in regular OS X.

On the other hand - I can imagine that any admin who's actually spent some time configuring sendmail would be just about ready to cry if Apple's update tramples his finely tuned scripts (again - 10.1 did it too...)

When 10.1.3 was pending people were checking their update daily to get it as soon as possible. It provided me with what I wanted (La Cie USB CD burner support) so I can't really think of any bugs/features that are lacking.

Is there a general agreement that this update isn't as anticipated as .3? What are people wanting/praying for in the next minor release? Or is everyone now looking forward to 10.2 spring loaded folders?

Can someone who has the Server version installed say something about the build number? Normally, a simple update for the SMTP server alone wouldn't let Apple change the version number (and the Kernel would stay the same, as would the build number).

Originally posted by Koelling
What are people wanting/praying for in the next minor release? Or is everyone now looking forward to 10.2 spring loaded folders?

Global Folder setting to be... well... Global! :p

A quick way to set ALL folders to the same view and icon size!

And when you browse around folders after setting the icons to be a certain size - to have them quit changing sizes (generally to a smaller size for me).

Yeah, minor things - but they annoy the heck outta me! :D

Originally posted by fryke
Can someone who has the Server version installed say something about the build number? Normally, a simple update for the SMTP server alone wouldn't let Apple change the version number (and the Kernel would stay the same, as would the build number).

Mac OS X Server 10.1.4
Build 5S40

10.1.3 Build was 5Q45

Here's some hope for 10.1.4 this week.

Apple has internally released Mac OS 10.1.4 to its staff, according to a MacNN reader. The update, expected to made public shortly, brings improved networking, security, and additional disc recording device support. OS X 10.1.4 offers (1) updated and new support for Fast 10 SCSI drives, including the Pioneer 201 drive and expanded support for SmartDisk, EZQuest, and LaCie disc recording devices; (2) networking improvements such as more reliable and responsive dial-up connections over PPP, improved file searching on local/remote volumes, and support for 3Com routers when browsing with AFP services; and (3) improved security, including a change that checks/blocks broadcast and multicast IP destination addresses for BSD-based TCP/IP connections.
http://osx.macnn.com/news.php?id=13733

That's too bad. I wanted something cool like OpenGL improvements or something cool :-/ Oh well, here's to 10.2 coming out soon :)

My first avatar. . . . gotta get the bugs worked out. You beat me to Mr Sparkle by a huge margin, so I gotta work on other Homer-related things.

Back