60GB iPod is a fact

Also Toshiba has not yet launched the 1.8 inch 60GB harddrive, they're planning it. So does that mean a new iPod will not be launched on WWDC already?

They could announce it and not have it released, much like a 3 Ghz could be announced and not hit shelves until year's end.
60 is keeping up with other companies and it allows for greater usage as a portable hard drive and medium to keep media (such as importing photos and voice recordings such as you can get via Belkin).

Yep, wanted to add that, too. The iPod is going to get a feature called "home on iPod", and we all know that there's more than just music in our home folders... ;-) The iPod is a much better USB-Memory-Stick than your average USB-Memory-Stick. :)

i think eventually the iPod might do more than just play music, in the beginning maybe display pictures, then go on to video, but i think thats far ahead.
what i wanna see right now is Home on the iPod integration! it seems like an interestin feature. it would be nice to have a few apps and media files on my iPod all the time, so that when i travel without my laptop, i can still have a few necessary files that i need all the time.

of course ... u can easily do that right now, as the iPod is a hard disk!!!

Can you imagine all the little School Kiddies with their iPods; They take them to school, hook them up to one of the Classroom eMacs, and Voilá! They automatically have an account on that Computer. When they Unplug their iPod, the Account is removed.
They can do their homework on their Mac at home (or Transfer it from their Windows Machine to the iPod), and then take it to school.
However, the excuse "The Dog ate my iPod" would be slightly more difficult to use (although not impossible, according to mi5moav :( )

Depends on how old those 'kiddies' are. College students might be fitting kiddies here.

Randman said:
I most certainly hope the "kiddies" aren't lugging around iPods that cost more than $500.

Would you rather have them lugging a US$1500 (or AU$3000) iBook?
Meanwhile, they have their $600 Mobile Phones, with $100 per month SMS Bills.
When it comes down to it, a $500 iPod doesn't seem that bad. I know what I'd rather give a 12 year old Child.

I wish there was some way that it could use some FS that Windows understood, so I could use it to transfer files between my Mac and my PC through the FW ports...

...quicker than the network, until I get a Gigabit ethernet card in my PC :p

Salvo said:
Would you rather have them lugging a US$1500 (or AU$3000) iBook?
Meanwhile, they have their $600 Mobile Phones, with $100 per month SMS Bills.
When it comes down to it, a $500 iPod doesn't seem that bad. I know what I'd rather give a 12 year old Child.
Well, for the most part in the US, SMS messages are free, and a crapload of minutes are included as well. SMSing isn't quite as popular in the US since there are soooo many free minutes bundled. Plus the phones are practically free with a service contract.
Now things are definitely different in Europe. I wish they adopted the US system for mobile phones.

Randman said:
I most certainly hope the "kiddies" aren't lugging around iPods that cost more than $500.

I have seen kids with sneakers that almost cost that much....For the average everyday kid, I dont think yo will see them, but for the upper class, prep and private schools, carrying around something thats $500 is not a big deal. A lot of kids already carry around laptops at $2k +.

Back