Adding 300GB Seagate to G4 AGP

Tschuppart

Registered
I bought a Seagate 300GB IDE drive and found out afterwards that I needed to buy an IDE controller because my board doesn't see drives larger than 128GB.

I installed a SIIG UltraATA 133/100 IDE controller and my new drive, booted off my Tiger disk, initialized my new drive, unchecked the OS 9 drivers, named the disk and when it completed successfully, moved onto the OS install process where I chose my language, deselected printer drivers, languages and fonts that I didn't want, waited for the installer to check my installation disc and when it began to actually install the screen grayed out and I was prompted to restart my machine. The installer didn't complete the process. (this is problem 1)

I was provided with a driver disk that stated it was for OS X 10.2, but I figured it was worth trying to solve the issue, and now with the 300GB drive config'd as a a slave, my OEM set as master, connected to the SIIG card, upon start-up the ? mark folder flashes a few times, then the typical gray apple with the spinning thing underneath comes up followed by a gray circle with a slash on it. (this is problem 2)

I went to SIIG's site to look for the firmware that was installed on the card, but they only have firmware for 10.2 (same as the disc).

Right now I have just the 300GB connected to SIIG card and from the installer/disk ute I don't see anything except dvd. (this is problem 3)

My original goal was to replace my OEM 20GB with a spacious 300GB drive, to have one drive, with one partition and enjoy mac'in around... Now what do I do?

Thanks for reading this tome, any help is appreciated.

Back