Airport Wireless PCI Card

Rhisiart

Registered
I have a 2001 G4 Quicksilver (800 Mhz/1.25 GB) running 10.3.9.

I recently purchased a AIRPORT WIRELESS 802.11G PCI CARD FOR MAC G4 and have just installed it. It should not need any additional software. However System Profiler isn't recognising it.

It is correctly installed in a PCI slot (the green light is illuminated). Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-09 at 18.02.49.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-06-09 at 18.02.49.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen shot 2010-06-09 at 18.13.29.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-06-09 at 18.13.29.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 3
Does it show up in Network Prefs > Show: port Configurations?
If not, have you tried to create a new port?

Thank you for replying. When I go to set up a new port configuration I am given the options of: Internal Modem, Ethernet or 6-4 (I have no idea what the latter is - perhaps the new Airport card?).

If I choose to set up a new port via 6-4 it cancels out half way through the configuration.

Here's a WikiPedia article about 6to4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6to4
(not related to a wireless setup)
When you go to your System Profiler - what do you see in PCI cards?
If you have a light on that card, you should see some reference to the card itself...
If not, try moving the card to the bottom slot.
Is this wireless card your only PCI card? Try removing any other PCI cards, just as a test.

When you go to your System Profiler - what do you see in PCI cards?
If you have a light on that card, you should see some reference to the card itself...
If not, try moving the card to the bottom slot.
Is this wireless card your only PCI card? Try removing any other PCI cards, just as a test.
Hi Deltamac. I tried all of the above, but to no avail. I wonder whether I need a software download, but I have no idea which one.

Back