Answering Machine

heathpitts

Registered
I want to set up my cube to be my answering machine on my home phone.

Is there any software out there that will do this?

I am running Mac OSX 10.2.6

There is but there's a problem. I tried this recently with my Sawtooth G4 but from what I've read, most Macs haven't had internal modems with voice capibility for a few years. I remember my old 5200's modem could do it, and there was even Apple software, but I think you'd need to get a voice capable modem to use your Cube as an answering machine. ComaX (I think that's the name) will do it but the documentation isn't great unless you speak German and of course there's the modem thing. I could be wrong but I think you'll need a new modem for the Cube to use it.

Yup, that's unfortunately the case. I've done a lot of research on it, as I wanted to use my home computer as a phone, so I wouldn't have to look for my misplaced cordless everytime I want to make a call.

I also wanted to do the same with my PowerBook, and the results were the same. The internal modems haven't had voice capability for many years.

You need to get an external modem with voice capability. If you do, you can try Phoner from http://akwairc.online.fr/ .

Back