antivirus for mac

ClamAV is the free mac AV, but to be honest, it's only really a preventative measure at this point. it's been ~8 years since we got a virus on the mac platform. basically, AV on macs is about cleansing emails as they go past, forwards etc, and being 'safe not sorry' if the eventuality happens that we get a virus.

well, a) don't know of any because you don't need it. there are no real viruses for macs right now. b) did you read the sticky at the top of the forum about viruses before posting your question?

I third the recommendation of ClamXav. While it doesn't have an active scanner (yet), it's still good to use if you need to scan a file or some files. Doing your entire drive, however, might take a weee bit of time. ;)

Norton Anti Virus has always worked for me, but it does cost money.

Not only would i warn anyone against Norton on the Mac, i would strongly advise you reconsider having it on your system. Norton products are well known in the mac community for causing a LOT more trouble than they're worth. i'd remove it if i were you.

The antivirus product, though, has been less of a problem. But since one doesn't really need it. ClamXav is good. I fourth that option. ;)

ClamAV is a great little product and I love the price, but it does have one failing it won's disinfect the file if it has a virus.

Back