Apple - Filemaker really going after business

mi5moav

Registered
Over the past year I've noticed Apple's Filemaker really pressing hard for the business pie. Filemaker has been well received in many business industries over the past few year but I've noticed in the last few months after version 7 was released that they kept adding more in house designed apps. As of today I believe they have 6 available. I'm sure they probably have 5 to 10 more they are working on. I hope that one day they get a good human resource app as well as a nice customer/client sales tracking app. Though I am having a hard time finding a good rental reservation manager with web enabled functions for under 2500 bucks for our b&b and vacations rentals. At least they are going in the right direction. Maybe we'll see a new version of filemaker mobile light that will allow for downloads of certain info to our ipods.

I haven't seen a real change in FileMaker's business strategy, so I can't comment on that, other than I don't see what you mean. The iPod, however, does not run 'apps', so there's not going to be a FileMaker light client running on the iPod. You can, however, already upload information to your iPod. Text files, mainly.

I haven't seen a different strategy, nor have I seen a "harder press for the business pie," and I've been using FileMaker since versions previous to 5 (and as far back as when FileMaker was FileMaker, and not owned by Apple).

FileMaker 6 got more coverage and advertising than 7 has, so I don't quite understand where you're coming from. FileMaker 5 was a big hit as well, and was ballyhooed as much or more than 6 was.

We might see some kind of integration with the iPod, but the iPod is a device aimed at the home user, and FileMaker is most definitely not aimed at the home user, so I seriously doubt it.

Back