Apple has got us by the sack and/or titas!

theCaptain

Member that enjoys Meece
We are all so damn excited, its amazing a company has this much control over its people. I am not saying this is a bad thing either!

i'm ditching work to drive to an apple store and catch the satellite feed on a 10 ft. screen...

oh this is sooooo sad

Ha ha ha ...
I'm in Australia and will be staying up all night to watch it on my laptop, plugged into my big telly! It starts at 1:30 am here, so I'll need plenty of caffiene.

I'm a firm believer in free will, but I also believe it can be subtly - and not so subtly - influenced by personal values and desires. Your use of the word "control" implies either the use of force or deception by Apple, and I hardly think that's an open-eyed assessment.

I'm admittedly a die-hard fan of Apple because of their attention to detail and their sense of aesthetics. Those are qualities I value in any creative work. I may not think that the look of Mac OS X is the best possible look, and I may not think that the choice of a layered display system makes the best sense from the POV of performance, but Apple consistently demonstrates itself to be more forward-thinking and innovative than a certain monopoly who shall remain nameless.

The question you should be asking is not how Apple has managed to "control" its people, but how that unnamed monopoly manage to "control" just about everybody else!

Your absolutly right my good friend SlUR. The word control is without doubt inappropriate under this case. I simply used it for lack of a better word at the moment. Thank you for correting me. The word control applies to this "other" company.

People, people, people. Tell me: why is it sad that we look forward to MacWorld? It's perfectly normal, being Mac users. :D I've been counting the days to MacWorld instead of Christmas for a few years now. And it's always proved to be a better use of time, because I always get underwear for Christmas. :p

SimX I am not saying that this is a bad thing, Apple is the only company with such a diehard fan group [I am one of them] and I think it is terrific that people can be in love with a company. Hell I wouldnt mind if Apple took over the United States Government.

Hmm... I'm going to stream this to my TiBook. And connected to the TiBook will be my video projector.

:)

Let's hope this stream will be okay... Last summer's was often congested...

I wonder will apple update their site at midnight tonite and tell us whats up or will we have to wait till morning ? :p

morning... after keynote... i don't think apple would have taken all this time into security and hype to accidentally release the new product images/info before the keynote...

although it would be funny!

Originally posted by simX
...I've been counting the days to MacWorld instead of Christmas for a few years now....
Yeah, when I get asked in November or December what I want for Christmas, my first thought is usually "Well how the heck will I know that until January"! ;)

Does store.apple.com sell gift certificates?

Originally posted by theCaptain
...Hell I wouldnt mind if Apple took over the United States Government.

WOAH! That could be an entire thread, or section all by itself!... especially if it was "like 1984".

once I become a big time developer I will go to macworlds (on my company's tab :p) -- for now I will just be a college student lol.

Back