Apple Store or MacMall.com

guoxiaotian

Registered
I probably will order a new MacBook Pro soon and seems like macmall has better price plus I don't have to pay tax for it. are there any reasons that I shouldn't order from MacMall.com?

Thanks!

I would say macmall unless you have an apple store in your city. I think you can return the product to the apple store only if you bought it from apple directly. If no apple store locally, then I would say macmall. I bought my ibook and a digital camera for my girlfriend there, and have never had a problem with them. Very accurate ship dates and friendly customer service. If you live in Memphis, TN, there is a macmall retail outlet that you can go to and pick up your product if you call a day before and order it. They also have a "clearance" area. Some unopened, but a lot of returns.

if you can use a student discount from the apple store, and don't buy ram from them, buy ram from cruical..

I would suspect that ordering from Apple directly would get you your MacBook Pro sooner -- Steve said in the keynote to get your orders in early, and I would assume that Apple retail stores and the Apple online store would get first dibs on the new equipment.

If possibly waiting an extra few days or a week isn't a problem, go with the lower price and no tax from MacMall.com.

Be wary of the Macbook pro thought in regard to printers/scanners.. They more than likely will NOT work with the pro book until new drivers are released.

Back