Are these OS 9 Extensions still necessary?!

GadgetLover

Senior Member & Tech Guru
Cleaning House ...

I've noticed for some time (though I've done nothing about it) that there are a few extensions that don't seem to be lumped with my 9.1 - 9.2.2 OS 9 extensions under Conflict Catcher. They appear as random extensions that aren't linked to anything. Thus, my question is are the still necessary? Namely, has, for instance, new Internet extensions made "Apple Internet Access 1.4.6" unnecessary? What about "High Sierra File Access (Mac OS 9.0)"? (Does Apple CD-ROM extension under 9.2.2 render this obsolete??

What about USB HID Driver & USB HID Universal Module (Game Sprockets 1.7.5)?

What do YOUR extensions folders look like? Do you all still have these extensions?

depends on what you are going to need from your classic/9 environment. if you want to run games you better keep the game sprocket.
i'm keeping all of em because you never know when something might go wrong and you need to connect to the internet or read a cd in 9. i remember disabling the high sierra one time when i was trying to clean up and found there were several things i couldn't do without it while running classic.
best advice i could give you is disable them and see what you do that they effect. you can always enable them when you need to.

but what's really not necessary anymore, unless you plan on adding more classic apps - conflict catcher!!!! launching is so much smoother without it:eek:

Back