automatically delete print queue ???

buffalo9000

Registered
I have a G5 IMac in a student lab connected to an Epson 1800R using firewire.
The problem is that jobs get stuck in the print queue, usually from a previous user. The next person logs in and any old jobs still in the queue sometimes prevent them from printing.

The current user can delete the queue but it's not actually deleted. Opening the print utility shows the old job still there. Even network admins cannot delete the job. Only the local admin can permanently delete it.
Giving out the local admin password IS NOT AN OPTION.
All the macs in the lab connect to a windows 2003 AD server and a windows print server for networked printers even the one with the firewire Epson, I have no problems with the networked printers.

Is there a way to have any jobs left in the queue automatically delete themselves when a user logs out?

If not is there a way to have network admins have the same right to delete jobs as a local admin?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately this only works for the local admin. I could already delete the jobs as a local admin.
All of our users are charged for printing so I can’t just give out the local admin password, it would defeat the purpose, not to mention security issues.

I don’t have a problem giving certain people network admin rights using their own logon, but even network admins don’t have the ability to delete local print jobs even though they can do any other administrative tasks on the Mac. Very frustrating.

I really need to find a way to just have any jobs, still in the local machines queue to just delete themselves when the user logs off.

Back