backing up iLife 06

scotsman9

Registered
Hi All,

I have a legitimate version of iLife 06 and want to back it up. This is for real because my iLife 05 disk went missing and I was without it when I needed it. I've tried to make a backup but it seems it won't let me if I use an ISO creator. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not possible?

TIA

Since the 'iLife 06' installer package is greater than 4.7 GB (it is about 6.15 GB), do you have a DVD burner which burns larger (than 4.7 GB) capacity DVDs?

if you dont have a dual layer burner, but have enough hard drive space, you could just make a disc image of the cd and store it on your hard drive or external hard drive. But if you do have a dual layer burner, just use disk utility or toast and copy the cd directly

I don't have a DVD burner on the Mac but do on my PC. I tried the image file thing but it wouldn't do it. I'll try creating the image on the Mac first and see if that works. Cheers

You are using Disk Utility on the mac to create the image, correct? If you do that, you should be able to send the image to your PC and burn it. If you have a powermac, your PC's burner might even work in your computer. I have the DVD burner (and RAM, and hardrives) from my PC in my powermac, and it works great!

Back