best all in one?

Epson Stlus CX5200.I'am using it and i think its very good.Photo print outs are very nice cons: A little big&noisy but all the other comepetitors haves the same problems(Hp s are a little quiter) But over all its very good you ll be happy :)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/
B00006Y0DA/qid=1070070258/sr=-1/ref=sr__1_etk-add-ons/102-5510961-5040906?v=glance&s=electronics&n=658488
Quick data :
22 ppm black, 11 ppm color printing
5,760 x 1,440 optimized dpi printing
1,200 x 2,400 dpi optical scanning in 48-bit color
600 dpi copying
USB interface; PC and Mac compatible

We have Canon iR5000s at work (TAFE). I usually stay away from Epson (especially if its a major purchase like this). Stick with someone like Canon, HP, or maybe even Kodak. (Kodak will probably be pricey)

My partner and I have an Epson Stylus CX3100 on our home network and its perfect for what we want. The print, scan and copy output is all great quality. I find it strange that Pengu says to stay away from Epson but then reccomends HP. HP have a very bad reputation for their drivers causing conflicts within OSX. I've never heard of anyone having similar problems with Epson.

First off. I have never had anything but trouble with Epsons. Second. I work as an IT support officer. My boss, the Manager of IT services won't go near epsons, because of their low quality/pricing/reputation for anything other than throw-away printers (anything more than $AU150 and you should look somewhere else). As for HP. eb85044 never said anything about what (s)he wants to use it with. Don't assume (s)he is using osx, or will be using osx with this particular printer. Apart from which, i was not specifically recommending HP, simply suggesting that (s)he stick to a company with a reputation for high-quality products. And if apple is willing to put HP printers on its AppleStore Third Party Products list, I'm sure they must work somewhat acceptably.

I have three Epsons and all work very well, excellent quality. I would definitely go with an Epson.

And here's a couple of quick links about hp drivers:
Vulnerability in HP Photosmart/Deskjet Drivers for Mac OS X (rootcompromise):
after some frustration with the HP Photosmart printer driver not
being as smart as the name suggests and HP support not as suppor-
tive as I would wish about the issues raised below, I've decided
to bring the following multiple security vulnerabilities of the
HP Photosmart/Deskjet printer drivers for Mac OS X to the list's
attention.

What's your favorite Photo Printer for OS X?:
But to be honest, after the track record of HP OS X printer drivers and especially after reading about 10.3 driver problems (as of a week ago at least), I returned it the next day unopened

HP have a very bad reputation for their drivers causing conflicts within OSX.

I've got one of the HP OfficeJet printer/copier/scanner/fax all-in-one machines. Under 10.2, I installed the drivers (which installed around 4,000 files, if I remember correctly) and it worked relatively well, but the quality of the software was just ... crap. The software was pure crap. Just very very poorly designed.

I'm incredibly stubborn, so when I reformatted and installed 10.3, I refused to install the printer software, and I'm now forced to fax documents from the computer to the device. How pathetic...! I'm lucky I never scan anything.

So that's my story about HP, and why I hate them. :)

Back