best MAC-magazine? thinking of subscribing..

alexandr

kosmonaut
hi!

i guess some of the members on the forum also subscribe to/or have opinions about various magazines conerning the MAC-world.

i'm looking into getting a subscription, but i just can't choose which mag to get. could anyone provide me their opinions on what to choose?

me myself, i consider myself as a fairly new mac-user(2 1/2 yrs now), but very active. i fell i already know alot about stuff and i try to keep up to date on whats happening in the mac-community. some stuff interests me less than other - scripting, programming etc - while other stuff is more what i like, general knownledge about the OS (X), indeepth tutorials for new/updated applications, tricks&hints, free software(some mags does indeed include demo/fullblown versions of software on a cd).

only criteria is that the will take international subscriptions, as i'm living in france at the moment (may change for germany or spain as soon this summer).
the mags might be in either english, german, or any scandinavian language(norwegian, swedish, danish).

anything at all will be helpfull.
alex.

I myself got Mac World. I was able to try it free and liked it enough to subscribe. Here's a list of things you'll find in it.

-Hardware Reviews. (great reviews all around)
-Software Reviews.
-Tutorials (mostly of Unix, Photoshop, Painter)
-Articles on the latest Mac news, events or hardware. (This months issue was about virus protecting you Mac.)
-The news stand version has free software..
-In depth look into free and priced shareware.

Honestly if you get a chance buy a news stand copy and look into it. You might find what you looking for in there. From my experiences of it I like it a lot. It's very informative and well written.

I used to get Mac World Magazine. Both Mac Addict & Mac World are good. Truthfully, I have not subscribed to either one in a few years. I read so much on line, that a Hard Copy of the magazine is not necessary. That is my opinion. I agree, pick up one of each mag up before ordering. :D

ok. i will have a go at the ones mentioned, if i can find them, that is - paris isn't exactly known to be the best place when it comes to english-spoken stuff, but i'll try ;)

thanks for the opinions - appreciate it!

alex.

thanks chevy, but although i live in paris, i'm not much of a french reader.. i already tried Univers Mac once, and it didn't really give me what i was looking for.. ;)

i'll go with MacAddict or MacWorld if i find them..
thanks again

alex.

Back