Black cats bring good luck

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health discovered the gene mutations associated with a black coat in three types of black cats: the domestic cat, jaguar and South American jaguarundi. [...]
Stephen O'Brien, who has been studying feline genetics for 25 years, said the mutations affect a gene in the same family as one that causes a resistance to HIV in humans. [..]
"There is a mutation in humans that knocks this gene out and causes complete resistance to HIV," O'Brien said. "So it may be that these cats have a high frequency of black because they (achieved) some sort of resistance by blocking some infectious agent."

So, black cats, jaguars etc felines seem to resist more to a lot of diseases ... So, at least the black fur brings luck to themselves ;)

Article in Wired, here

The old black cat myth then.. mine bring me just good luck (even without that research) :p

awwww so cute

hey just wondering....is getting cats a female thing or is it ok for guys to get a dog only?

cause my apt has a rat problem but i dont want to scare away girls or anything

I had a pet rat before my cats. She was intelligent. :p

So I'm not scared of them.

But then again, I'm far from statistically approven opinions or habits of girls. You need to ask someone other.. :rolleyes:

A black cat is certainly okay for a guy, too. If you also hang a painting by H.R. Giger on the wall, it might frighten some people away, though... But I've only made positive experiences with cats, Giger paintings and visitors (both female and male).

I'm on my 3rd black cat. Her name is Tie.

She was preceeded by Hocus Pocus and Dragon.

The only problem with these cats is that I have never managed to get any good photos...

I got a cat, black one even! :)
He's awsome, although we fight often and he always wins, it's fun to show the scars to the chicks at school. :D

I'm allergic to cats... but the only animal that really survives anything is the scorpio. Not sure ? Buy a box, put a cat and a scorpio inside, heat it to 250°C, irradiate it to 1 rem, cool it to -50°C, open it....

Cute. :) My cats page . Only 'he' likes my mac, she doesn't care a lot about computers..Hey, how many black cats are there on the boards again? I have 2. ( Musti (he) and Murri (she) ) :p

Back