bluetooth headsets

Zammy-Sam

Desertchild
Did anyone ever use a bluetooth headset with the mac? I am using a VoIP client and would like to have a bluetooth headset. I wonder if that will work fine with my usb bluetooth adapter from msi. I have full cell phone access over bluetooth using salling clicker and the built-in file-browser, but I never installed or updated any bluetooth drivers, since it wasn't proposed by SU. Now I would like to get the Logitech Bluetooth Headset but I am not sure if it will work.
Any comments on that?

Thanks!

(using 10.3.4 on my tibook)

Not really sure about your MSI adapter, but I can highly recommend a headset. I use this Nokia headset (with a D-Link adapter) and I am very happy with it. I use it to audio ichat and play voice activated iPoker. It fits so comfortably that i often forget I'm wearing it. One thing I will warn you though, make sure your BT adapter supports audio, my first D-Link BT adapter didn't, forcing me to upgrade.

Thanks for the reply, bigbadbill.
yeah, that was my concern: I will need a firmware update for my bluetooth adapter. Apple provides such an update for d-link adapters and built-in bluetooth, but not for msi. I wonder if it would be enough to simply use the 1.5 bluetooth update (which is not proposed by SU)?!
Guess I will need to check on the msi homepage for such an update and I bet it will be PC-only software..

I bought and installed a Mitsumi bluetooth USB adaptor (Class 1) and am using a Sony Ericsson headset. In the bluetooth prefs I could pair those devices and the prefs show under the "Devices" lable:
Device Type: Audio
Device Services: SonyEricsson Headset Service, SonyEricsson HandsfreeService
Paired: Yes
Favorite: Yes
Connected: Yes

I think this looks pretty good. But how in the audio prefs it doesn't give me an option to choose the headset. Any advice? Thanks.

Sorry Markim, but it doesn't look that well. You can't use your bluetooth headset with your adapter. Open the Bluetooth Setup Assistant and see if there is a headset to click on in the list. This list doesn't search for any devices yet. It will just display which functions your adapter supports. With my msi bluetooth adapter I didn't have 'headset' in the list. Since I have the d-link adapter and updated the firmware, there is a headset option.

Back