broke software updates

x4design

Registered
how come my software updates won't work. I just reinstalled os x 10.1.2 but now i can't connect to software updates, why?

thanks alot all....

I think it was because they updated the software updater to require encrypted packages... I had the same problem, and that is the only thing I could come up with, what you have to do is install the updates manually until the rest show up in software update, and you have to do it in a specific order, which I "THINK" is security-installer update- system, but it has been so long I will not swear to it... I know you have to do the security updates first, starting with the one from oct. of last year, I remember that it took about 3 or 4 updates before software update would work...

hope that helps a little... good luck! ;)

I've definitely had some issues with this, and I can't figure out why. Sometimes I'll install fresh and it'll be fine. Sometimes I'll install fresh and it won't ever see an update. Or updates will break after I do one manually.

I don't have answers, only sympathy.

One thing I will say is that not having a real IP and dns name seems to make things worse.

I saw this happen on my friend's Mac when we installed OS X.1...

You need to download the 10.1.5 combo update first:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=122011

Then you can run Software Update...

My guess is that they did this to prevent you from rebooting a half a million times. Heh :D

...and probably also because of better security in SoftwareUpdate that is not included in 10.1.

Back