Buy now, or wait for Tiger...?

whyre

*nix Geek
Well, I'm dreadfully close to having the funds to purchace my new PowerBook. However, with all the hoopla going on about tiger, I'm wondering if I should hold out and wait for it to be released and save myself $150, or is it really going to be a long ways off?

What are the consequences to not running the latest MacOSX? Are there going to be tons of apps/games that will not run because of it? Or is this going to be a special case because of the new CORE graphics that is in use? If it's not going to be out for a few months, I think I'd really rather like to go ahead and purchace my PowerBook, and if the benefits are good enough, buy the upgrade. Of cource, since this isn't out yet, I know this will be mostly speculation, but you vet's have going through the other upgrades, so I'm just looking for some opinions on the matter...

jepp. it could take as long as a year for Tiger to be released (god forbid). and you will probably through different disscounts etc get it for less than 100$. I bet the big difference will be that apple will start making applications that only works on tiger (and they will blame that on the new core graphic effects) such as iPhoto etc. get yourself a new powerbook pronto! you deserve that!
:)

TommyWillB said:
Of course if he waits a year for Tiger he might also be able to get a G5 powerbook... ;)

Oh noooo, I'm not waiting that long. Besides, there's always going to be the next big thing, particularly with technology. I'll should be getting it veeery soon now. :)

(besides, my father just got one, and according to the rules of conspicuous consumption, I need to have one as well, and soon at that! ) ::ha::

whyre said:
(besides, my father just got one, and according to the rules of conspicuous consumption, I need to have one as well, and soon at that! ) ::ha::
Yeah, but you gotta get something BETTER than Dad. You've got to show him who's leading whom.

:D

Well... It's kind of a trade off. We'll both have the 15" PowerBook, only he's got 1.25G ram (so I hear) and I'll only have 512, but I'm getting an AirPort Express and a Bluetooth mouse so I still get points for the coolness factor :D

Back