can Apple crack the corporate nut?..

With the economy looking up and companies reportedly looking to "grow revenues" instead of "cut costs", I hope so. However, I don't want to read too much into the fact that the gentleman hired to build Apple's corporate invasion team quit after just a little over a year on the job...

I REALLY wish Apple would invade MY company...

Slowly, the big ISV's are looking to OS X.

There's non that I can think of right now, but there has to be around a half dozen or so of the big applications for CRM & ERP.

OS X is gaining interest now not simply because of the robustness of it's Unix underpinnings, but the 64-bit possibilities and low latencies.

Big database systems need that kind of throughput...

How about advertising? All Apple shows off on TV is the iPod. They need commercials on the XServe, OS X Server, XServe RAID, Virginia Tech, etc. etc. etc.

They need print ads in the trade mags too. A big ad in Network Computing or CFO would go a long way.

Cmon Apple - Invest some of that warchest!!

If they do, I think they need a big success story. Implement a ton of powerful super effective solutions in some large company and use that to sell the biz. So many execs react to Apple like it is a dirty word - like Rush Limbaugh saying "liberal." It's going to take something big to beat the deeply engrained bias (as ignorant as that bias may be).

TWrayer, I agree, Apple is trying to appeal to the younger hip crowd. Many "adults", are not going to take Mac seriously. Ironically, my concern is young peeps don't have money to buy most Apple products. They should advertise the Xserve, and server software, from what I understand the Xserve has gotten pretty descent reviews. When you think about, M$ office has not attracted as many corporate users has initially thought. I been saying it, and no one agrees, I wish Lotus (IBM) would port more apps over to the Mac. Even if M$ office dominates both platforms, the competition would tell people the platform (mac) is worth these big companies competing for. Just my opinion.

Yes, Apple need to advertise all of the products mentioned in the above posts, but do we think Apple are going to do it?

No.

For what ever reason, they steadfastly refuse develop a meaningful advertising campaign...

I do not think they can. Corporate decision makers just hate Apple. They will not discuss the subject. I work for a hospital IT dept. I am the only Apple person.
In a meeting I was in (no one new I was a mac user at first), a department head made his appeal for Macs in his dept. He was told that it was dead subject. When he left he was called one of those Mac zealots. I then told them I was a Mac user. They asked how do I get anything done it since no useful software other than (video and graphics) runs it on it. I told them that I manage all the Unix boxes and Oracle databases from my Mac. They would not beleive me.

Back