Can I Block Junk Mail with Mac.com E-mail?

sethif

Registered
Is there a way to block senders in mac mail? The last few days I have been recieiving unwanted mail in my inbox on my mac account. This is the first time, and I noticed it occured after I used the new beta mac.com itools e-mail on a PC this last week. Can I also get another mac.com email account if need be? I would like to keep my present account, but large unsolicited emails are becoming a problem. Thanks in advance.

In preferences, you can specify rules to filter mails based on who they're from, contents of the body, a few other things. Unfortunately, the rules are not very complex - you can only have one condition per rule, and only one rule can by applied to each mail (as far as I can tell).

The rules don't actually help me a lot, because the only thing that most of my junkmail has in common is that it's in Chinese (don't ask me why, I don't speak a word of Chinese, much less read it), and I can't get it to filter based on character set...

And yes, I'm pretty sure you can sign up for as many mac.com accounts as you want at the Apple website.

Back