Can OS X automount net volumes at login?

Dan Delaney

Registered
Hello all.

I haven't been able to find anywhere how I can make OS X automatically mount a remote AppleTalk share at login. They've take that checkbox out of the connection dialog box. Isn't there a way to do it?

Thanks.
--Dan

I've heard of it being done before. If you do a search you'll find your answer. I'm sure it's been discussed here before.

nevermind. I did the search for you.... this discusses two methods of going about it.

I might want to note that the first part of the thread discusses connecting to a Samba share. In writing the apple script replace SMB:// with AFP:// and you'll be ok.

Enjoy!

http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22577&highlight=automount+login

mount volume "smb://yourIP/ShareName" as user name "userName" with password "yourpass"

You can put as many server as you want in the script. Then what I did is I created a Scripts folder in each Users Library folder. I put the script in the Login Items and also in the dock next to the trash can. They can disconnect and get what they want and then reconnect to the server by clicking on the icon in the dock.

There was also another way I tried that started with open URL I think. I kept getting errors with that script if a volume was already mounted so I recommend using the above script.

I had problems with the suggested solution..........
so I did experimented a bit with applescript.
This is what did it for me without any problems.

open location "afp:/at/loginname:password@Harddrivename/server"

make it a startup item end you are done.

Back