can't see laserjet 4MV from windows machines

cpatrick

Registered
I currently have a Mac OSX server running 10.1.5. All the Macs are running OSX 10.2.6, they can all print to the Laserjet printer with no problem.

The Windows based machines can not see the printer. It was configured with a static IP address and I can ping them from the windows machines with no problems. I tried to set the windows machines up to print LPR, but they do not see the printer. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I also set the printer up on a print que in OSX server, and I can see and set up the printer with no problems, however when I go to print from the windows machines....I get the message that it has lost communications with the printer. I give up...i need help

::alien::

Ehh... I hate Windows. Our office PCs absolutely require a friggen' server just to print to a network printer. Macs can be totally independant from a server (like if a server crashes, Macs can still print! Yay!)

We have the same exact printer, that's why this thread caught my eye. I probably have no helpful advice to you, but I bet you're on the right track...

Back