Catalog B-tree // keys out of order

jaskah

Registered
hello list
i have a 2003 g4 powerbook running osx panther 10.3.3. i have had to re-install osx numerous times. after short periods of usage (a few hours, maybe a week) the machine starts to crash and when i run the disk repair utility (or in single user mode in the console with /sbin/fsck -f) i get the message
«keys out of order»
i am not running any special hardware or software. in fact, today i re-installed os x, only installed logic (an audio application–owned by macintosh now, by the way) and within hours i had the above problem. even after wiping the hard disc and writing down to zero's i still had the same problem.
i've already sent the machine into apple for repairs. they swapped the logic board. but still the same problem prevails.
can anyone shed some light on this? what could possibly be the problem here?
thanks in advance for any help.
best regards
jaskah

Hi!

I've got the same problem on my original TiBook (first Generation). I've got additional RAM (but working fine for years), airport card. Any ideas????

Thanx for your help!

CrazyAlex said:
I've got additional RAM (but working fine for years)

Its not the hardware's sensitivity to RAM, its an issue with OSX. If you've just upgraded to X, the RAM may be the problem, and it may be worth taking it out and seeing if the machine works then (assuming you're happy to open up your powerbook). If you've been on X before without problems, then its more likely something else causing you problems and you'll have to wait for one of the smarter folks round here to help.

Good luck :)

Back