? Clean install

rongor

Registered
Hi

I hope to install Jaguar this week but am still fretting over whether to install over 10.15 or do the new"clean" install. I have had X on my machine (450 G4) since the beta and have upgraded thru 10.15. All is working well except for a few minor quirks. I am totally X native since the Palm conduit arrived.

Any thoughts

Ron

I must say, I have not installed (nor even ordered) Jaguar yet due to these basic questions about how to install the damn thing...

There are people who have reported the update installation worked flawlessly. Others said only the clean install would lead to the optimum system performance (speed, hardware and software compatibility etc.). If possible, I suppose clean install is the better option. Perhaps the archive option is a good way to avoid losing your data.

I have done two installs, one an archive and clean install (dual g4 450, 10.0.4) and another erase and install (pb g3 10.0.4). Under 10.1 these are you only options, both worked well. The Powerbook is a great improvement. but I never tested 10.1 so that may have been fixed before. Both installs worked well.

I had a pretty standard setup and not many apps to worry about. It moves some home files for the archive.

Back