Code Warrior slow on dual G4

mpwiedemann

Registered
I use code Warrior 6 on both my Ti 400 laptop and my new 1.25 dual G4. On the dual G4, it takes about 1 minute to start compiling even a very simple program. The laptop starts right away. I'm a bit puzzled by this. I have applied all the Metrowerks updaters and it still takes forever to compile. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Weird. Some silly troubleshooting thoughts: Have you tried reinstalling CodeWarrior from scratch? Is the date and time set okay on your computer? Have you tried recreating your project/target from scratch?

Aside, I've been using the new ProjectBuilder on my Dual-G4 and it rocks. It compiles two source files simultaneously, which is very nice. If you don't need any of the special features of CodeWarrior I'd recommend migrating your code base to Project Builder. As much as I love and appreciate Metrowerks I fear they are becoming less and less relevant to the Mac platform.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried all the things you suggested. I also like the new Project Builder. But, the projects I'm working on are FileMaker Pro plugins and I don't think that I can convert these to Project Builder??

Back