>console gone?

TuffNut2Crack

Registered
I just got Panther in the mail, and have it installed(loving it). One nifty feature in Jaguar that I can't seem to use though is the >console login to go into the command line instead of launching the Finder. Is there a new way to do this, or was it removed entirely?

I just tried it: it worked. I changed the Accounts preferences Login Options to display the "Name and password" login window, logged out, and entered >console with no password. There it was in all its glory.

Did you do a clean install, an archive install, or an upgrade install? You might need to enable the "root" user in NetInfo Manager before this function becomes available, but maybe something else is going on.

Hmm..doesn't work on mine either. I'll have to fuss around with some settings I guess.

dave17lax said:
Hmm..doesn't work on mine either. I'll have to fuss around with some settings I guess.
I got it working. It seems I messed it up when trying to make an account named >console. In Jaguar I could make an account named >console and not set a password and it would give me the ability to click on the account in selection mode.

Back