CPU temperature on my mac

3mors

HampCake Studios
I'd like to know if CPU temperature montioring is supported on my mac.
I have a dual 1GHz MDD powermac.
I've tried some apps that show the temp, but they said that it wasn't supported.
Is it true or is a hardware problem?

Thank u.

Zammy-Sam said:
Did you try konfabulators "ThermoMeter" as well? I saw it working on a (I think) powermac dual...

Sorry but I only want to know if CPU thermometer is supported on mac.

The temperature reporting features of the G4 were never accurate to begin with, and were dropped sometime after the release of the AGP G4s. I've got a PCI G4, which does support CPU temperature reporting, but the temperatures reported had a margin of error of 20 - 30 degrees F -- hardly a useful or accurate number.

Your machine probably does not support this feature. One good thing about the Mac is that you'll experience a sudden shutdown if your Mac gets too hot -- kind of a failsafe way of making sure you don't overheat.

I have a dual 1 GHz MDD mac, and I use temperature monitor with it, and it reports a very constant temp.

naodx said:
I have a dual 1 GHz MDD mac, and I use temperature monitor with it, and it reports a very constant temp.

=( what app do u use?

i want to know it 'cause my mac had a problem with one cpu and I had to send it to assistance to be repaired, but i think that the work they did isn't good.

I have a dual 2.0 GHz Power Mac. I installed TemperatureMonitor and I noticed that when the system is at idle (well, what I call idle... all of my apps closed), the temps for the processors are around 52 to 56 C.

That seems a little warmer than I would have thought. Anyone have thoughts?

Back