dashboard

cleo

Registered
ok i am not sure if this is where i should ask.....but i had to re install my computer.. and i forgot how to re set my dashboard....thank you........

Dashboard settings are in the Dashboard itself, bottom left corner big X in a circle brings up all the Dashboards you can add, close etc etc

New Widgets will have to be reinstalled into it either by redownloading or if you have the zipped files backed up somewhere, just unzip double click the widget it and it will promptly ask you if you want to install it.

So I gather that's what you mean by the question ;)

What do you mean by reset?

If you mean set it back to how you had it before the re-install, then add the widgits you were using (which you should of backed up) to User>Library>widgits

and copy the com.apple.dashboard.plist file to User>Library>Preferences

that should do it for you.

ok i found the x but now the wrong city is on the weather and clock.. how do i change that.... i think thats what i really needed info. on..... thanks........

move your mouse cursor across the widget. You'll see a small i show in the bottom right corner of the widget - which is the Info button. Click on that i, and you'll see the settings that you can change...

ok one more thing.....i got everything but i cant change the time... its 2 hours
ahead of me.. im in chicago..... so i hope you can help..... thank you...

Have you set it to the correct city using the "i" thing? Are you set to the right time zone in the system clock?

'... i cant change the time... its 2 hours ahead of me.. im in chicago ...' - ...

01. Launch 'System Preferences' (either select the 'Apple System Preferences' menu item, or locate 'System Preferences' in the '/Applications/' folder).
02. Click on the 'Date & Time' utility.
03. Click on the 'Time Zone' tab.
04. Select your time zone, in the map.
05. Select your city (or the nearest one) from the 'Closest City:' popup menu.
06. Close the window, thus - quitting 'System Preferences'.

Back