Desktop Grid Size

whyre

*nix Geek
Running 10.3.5. Googled around a bit, and I see this question asked, but not answered. Is there any way, through any means at all, to change the grid size on the desktop in OS X 10.3.x?

If I manually arrange my icons, I can easily fit several in between the spaces that are left when icons are set to align with the grid. However, I'm somewhat of a neat freak (only in relation to my virtual surroundings :)) so I like to have my desktop icons aligned.

So is there any TweakOSX or other nifty type software that will allow this settting to be changed? Any info, even a simple, no will suffice.

Thanks

I don't think there's a way to recalibrate the grid in OSX, unless you simply resize the size of the icons using the apple-J. And that may not solve your problem.

Nope. The grid is fixed, and has been complained about since OS X 10.0. The grid actually got bigger in Jaguar.

No way to adjust the size of the grid at all. It kind-of scales with the size of the icons, but that's the only way to adjust it.

It's STILL too freakin' far apart, no matter what size.

Neatniks unite!

Let's start a petition. Har har.

why would anyone want to keep icons on the dt in osx? put commonly used apps and files in a folder and put it in the dock.. problem solved and far less clutter. since panther I have kept no icons on the dt at all. not even my hd.

Well I keep my game icons on my desktop, my dock is pretty full of my standard apps. Glad to see a petition for a good reason has been started :D.

I'm curious if there would be any way to write a program that would override the grid option. I'll look into that...

Either F10 (my preference) or Dragthing is a viable option to keeping the desktop less cluttered.

It's not just the desktop. Any window viewed by icon has a grid that's just too damn big.

lol. These petitions never work, do they? Oh well.

*signs it anyway*

Back