Digital TV on MAC?

jonah1947

Registered
Hi there,

I have recently purchased an Alchemy TV tuner for my G5 off eBay.
Unfortunately there are no instructions with this.
I was just wondering whether i could plug my freeview box (UK) into the ariel socket on the back of my card and receive digital TV on my Mac.
I am a little apprehensive about just plugging it in and seeing if it works, in case it frazzles my motherboard.
Can anyone help?
Cheers.

the worst it can do is not work, i reckon. do you know if the alchemy tv card is compatible with the mac platform?

I have that card. It thought the picture was not good and the software was worse . I then got the (excellent picture) EyeTV 200. The software EyeTV has is really good IMHO.

i have good experiences with the alchemy card.
i'd just plug the arial socket in, and start tuning.

for clarity; you do have a pci-card; the miglia alchemy TV (dvr)?
because you with that you won't recieve digital TV,
the card just digitizes the analog TV-signal, so that you can whatch and record tv on your mac.

goodluck
arri

well, while we're here, i have a question. i want a device that will let me capture video, so that i can convert home vhs movies to dvd, but that will also just monitor the video input, so that i can use my mac monitor to play my dreamcast, ps1, and n64. i had gotten a kworld pci tv card for my win box (it was like $50, not too bad). it worked for what i wanted, but after several win xp updates, the software (powervcr 2) that came with it no longer runs. it quits before fully loading. and i have had no luck in finding mac drivers or software that will work with this card, so i need to just get something new. so what would be the best thing for me to get. i'm looking at this, or something like this. the main thing is that i want to be able to edit anything i capture in imovie, but be able to play my consoles in full screen without launching imovie. also the device does not need to have a tv tuner built in, i'll use the vcr for that.

Back