Distiller Not Working Since 10.4.9 install

Chopper9

Registered
I am a graphic designer and use Adobe Acrobat Distiller to convert eps files to pdf files for press.

Last night, I upgraded my OSX to 10.4.9

Now, upon launching Distiller, it quits immediately.

Have tried to repair permissions. Rebooted several times.

Even installed 8.0 (up from 7.0), the newest version to see if it would make a difference. Same results.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to go back to 10.4.8 where I had no such problems?

Thanks.

Distiller 8.0 works fine here since MacOS X 10.4.9 update. Perhaps, you need to consider other possibilities.

Have you tried repairing permissions after applying the update? This might resolve the isse.

EDIT: Nevermind, just read that you did.

How about searching for any .plist files associated with Distiller and delete them?

Seems to be an issue with Distiller and Suitcase Fusion.

If I shut Fusion off, Distiller works fine.

Obviously, I need both to work at the same time.

Anyone have an idea on how to deal with this?

Have you checked the websites for the developers of these programs to see if they have any patches or updates that would resolve the problem? That's the first place to go when apps that were working before start misbehaving when updates are applied to the OS. They might have a patch that would resolve these issues.

I am having a similar issue with Distiller 5.0.5 creating pdf files from Quark 4.1. I have used the same Mac PowerPC G4 OSX / 9 Classic for tha past 5 years and the same software with no changes or errors and now all of a sudden Distiller opens with a warning:
startup: DS_Store caused the following Error:
[Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: Bud1]

Has anyone got any information on this?

Back