Do you think Adobe will announce Photoshop 7 this week?

Leonis

Registered
Seybold starts this week and I think it's a good time for Adobe to make an announcement of PS 7

What do you think?

Is GoLive and LiveMotion *available* yet? I rather have a shrinkwrapped copy of InDesign and GoLive on my table than Adobe announcing Photoshop at some expo I can't go to.

But I guess that, yes, it'd be a nice date. But it'd also be a nice date to show off their network functionalities they were talking about last year, and Photoshop would be an integral part in that, I guess.

Is the Seybold conference or whatever available to watch through quicktime streaming? When does everybody think Quicktime 6 will be available? I don't think they should've called this quicktime update "6" because it isn't good enough to be "6."

I just wish Apple would release a QT 5.1 or 5.5 that had all the capabilities of QT 6 except without the MPEG 4 format. Although it's really nice to know that we should have MPEG4 capabilities built-in pretty soon, assuming that enough people complain to the MPEG LA.

If you haven't already complained to the MPEG LA, do so here: licensing@mpegla.com . Just tell them how you're disappointed that they've decided to charge for content, when it's obviously going to be very hard to implement, will stifle the MPEG4 technology, and when charging for the codecs is compensation enough.

Originally posted by whitesaint
Is the Seybold conference or whatever available to watch through quicktime streaming? When does everybody think Quicktime 6 will be available? I don't think they should've called this quicktime update "6" because it isn't good enough to be "6."

You are joking, right?

GoLive is not available yet. I'm not sure about LiveMotion. I've been using late betas of both, and while they are definitely making progress, they still aren't quite **there** yet. One really annoying thing about LiveMotion is that the preview mode is as slow as a turtle - even on a G4/800DP! Go to Adobe's LiveMotion page, and view the Quicktime movie's demonstrating the programs features. Notice how much slower it is under OS X than WinXP? That has got to be addressed, it's just ridiculous.

The last GoLive beta I used (b40 I believe) has some real stability problems. Apparently, OS X issues are what's holding up this app from being done.

Photoshop is getting very close. I'm using b58, and it's great. Much faster than b43. The new icon is in place, as are the install splash screens. The regualr splash screen is still the "LiquidSky" placeholder though. Several features that were broken in b43 are fixed, like the layer colors. ImageReady is much more polished too. The "Output Settings" has changed drastically from b43, and now gives you the ability to save an output setting so that you can use it again and again with resetting it each time.

On another note, has anyone heard when/if Adobe updates Premiere for OS X? Adobe say OS X support will be in a future upcoming release, but I haven't heard anything about it, and with Adobe miffed at Apple for FCP, I'm concerned that Adobe might just dump it in retaliation, or due to it losing business via FCP.

No announcement as of yet, and with Adobe already releasing press about InDesign 2, I doubt we will see any Photoshop dates this week.

Bummer.

All signs still point to a mid March release though...

Originally posted by whitesaint

Can you provide at least ONE point as to why you think QT 6 shouldn't be QT 6? Not good enough to be "6?" What does that mean? What upgrades to QuickTime are you oblivious to that would make you say that 6 shouldn't be 6?

I just walked over to the Seybold Expo (about 1 mile from my office) and spent more time getting there than at the Expo itself. This is quite a dissapointment, since the last time Seybold was in NYC, it was much better than the last two MacWorlds here (imagine a MacWorld aimed at the professional and not the home user). Mercedes-Benz, by the way, had one of the largest displays.

Back