Does Apple warranty against stupidity?

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
I got a 20gb model on the 5th of August. Less than a week later, I ruined my remote control. I was listening to it on a film shoot, while walking around setting up lights and all of a sudden the music went dead. Apparently I walked passed somethign really sharp and it made a clean slice through the remote wire :mad:

If you have the warranty, check for accidental damage (though this is normally reserved for the premium care plans, but check (or call Apple to find out)... also, do you have it insured seperately? (As in on your home or work insurance... you normally get accidental damage on those):)

If you paid by Credit Card... be sure to check with them, they too will provide warranty service for products that you purchase with their card.

Though I should note that not all cards provide this and some do as a premium service. None the less it's worth checking out.

A friend of mine broke the latch on my iBook by stupidly swinging around my carrying case without thinking (I then proceeded to kick his ass), I took it to the Apple store and they fixed it under warrenty. Stupidity broke it, they fixed it. Slightly different situation though...just argue that the cord should be able to get cut that easily without you even noticing short of the music cutting out, they may just give it to you.

its not so bad..i think i'll just buy a new one.
I can splice the one I cut and use it in my car [i'm having custom fiberglass parts made to hold my iPod, the remote, my equalizer and my headunit]. This remote will become a permanet part of my car and you wont be able to see the wire, so it will be fine.

Back