Downloaded fonts not showing in Word

Jaynie

Registered
I downloaded a few fonts for a project due tomorrow into the Font Book, but they do not appear in my Word list of fonts so I can't use them. How do I make them available in Word? Thanks...

This topic posted here automatically by the Ask a Tech Ticket system...

OP was satisfied with the answer, but asked a new question in the Feedback area:

Code:
Everything you suggested worked out well. 
Have another question--just downloaded a clipart CD & the file's extension is ".exe" however I cannot open it so I can't get to the clipart. What should I do? Thank you!

The answer to that is - An .exe file is a Windows executable program (windows installers often are self-extracting). The only way to extract is to run the program on a Windows computer. If you have Windows on your computer, start up Windows and run it there.

I've found another possibility - if this is comprised of a self-extractor with one or more .zip compressed files inside, then you can rename the .exe to .zip and use File > open with > Stuffit extractor (you need to already have Stuffit Extractor). I haven't tried this - so I don't know how often this works correctly.

HTH

Last edited:
Back