emac display too bright

allieoop

Registered
My parents emac G4 is having a display issue. I gave them this machine when I upgraded. They are lost on it so I am trying to fix it for them.

There are 2 users on the emac.
On the one side the display is perfect.
The other user's display is way too bright. Gray colours look nearly white and I can't see some of the icons in Mail. It looks like it is being lit up extra bright from the back.

The administrator of the computer side is fine. Colours are perfect.

I've gone into System Preferences and worked with the display stuff in there. Contrast/Brightness etc. Nothing.

I would think nothing is wrong with the display since the administrator side is fine. I've changed the gamma stuff and still nothing.

When I go into the Finder on the non-administrator side I cannot access the Colour Sync Utility. I can only do that on the Administrator side, which I did but the changes did not apply to the other side.

Any suggestions?
Does this require me to do something with the OS X discs to make this right?
Thanks so much for your help in advance! :)
Allie

My parents emac G4 is having a display issue. The other user's display is way too bright. I've gone into System Preferences and worked with the display stuff in there.

Check SysPref -> Universal Access -> Seeing tab and look at the Display settings there, particularly Contrast. Maybe something's happened there.

Back