Entourage X

Captain Code

Staff member
Mod
Does anyone else find it really annoying that Entourage stores passwords in the keychain? Evertime I start up my computer into OSX, I have to unlock the keychain. Very annoying. Does anyone know if there is a way to make it work like it used to, and not store any passwords in the keychain?

Also, the same goes for Mail.app

just let the keychain be unlocked at all times. at startup make users logon, so you have some security, use a screensaver with password verification. then you don't have to enter the keychain password all the time.

keychain is perfect for this use, and i congratulate microsoft to make use of Apple's system technologies. (would you rather use their PassPort system?) ;)

How do I do that? I wouldn't be complaining if I knew I could do that. I figured out how to keep the keychain unlocked once it is unlocked, but I still have to unlock it initially.

In the Login preferences under the Login Window tab, uncheck "Automatically log in". And you'd probably want to set the "Display Login Window as:" to List of users. Then just click a button for your login name and enter your password.

And to set a screen saver password.. check the Screen Saver prefs under the "Activation" tab.

Sorry, I meant how do you set the keychain to always be unlocked, and never be locked when the computer is started. I already know how to change the login stuff and the screensaver.

Back