Epson roll photo paper printing in osx working! (somewhat)

heathpitts

Registered
I got it working by using the Portraits & Prints program from http://www.econtechnologies.com

Using the template maker program to make a template that fits on 4 x 6 paper then printing using P & P i got it to print on the roll paper. Still had some problems with paper advancing too far after printing but it is a start. I was using the default Espon driver and I am going to try using the Gimp-Print drivers tonight. Maybe they will be of more help.

Send me feedback if you have tried this yourself.

Ok, to follow up on my first post, using gimp-print and the Portraits & Prints program, I am able to print flawlessly on roll photo paper on an Epson photo 785EPX. I simply created a 4 x 6 template in the template maker for P&P and then printed to that layout and selected roll paper feed in the Gimp-Print driver. Just thought I would let anyone know that had been trying it like I had.

I have the exact same printer and had given up on roll-paper. Thanks for the info! I'll give it a shot.

I will send the template file that I created to anyone so just send me an email.

Remember when printing that the photos are printed back to back and you'll have to press the roll paper advance button to be able to cut the pics off. (that got me in the beginning) By the way, joe at their tech support helped me out tremendously in making this work. If you need to print a lot of photos make sure you pay the $20 and buy this program as it works well with iPhoto.

Back