Error with Adobe Extension Manager

acidman00agent

Registered
Hi,

I recently upgraded to Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 and had some issues. I uninstalled that and then uninstalled DW CS3. Then, I re-installed DW CS4 (clean) and now CS4 works.

However, I cannot open or use Extension Manager. I can't uninstall it (doesn't exist in /Applications folder) and I can't install v1.8 (for CS3) or v2.0 (for CS4) because the Installer says they already exist.

How do I go about uninstalling both versions so I can install a clean Extension Manager 2.0 to work with Dreamweaver CS4 ?

My OS is Mac OSX 10.5.6

Thanks

I had the issues you described with uninstall and then installing. I called support and was told to run the "clean script". I had to uninstall DW and then run the Clean Script. I then reinstalled DreamWeaver. When I tried to run Adobe Extension Manager I see an item appear in the menu (top of screen) that says "Extension Manager" and I see an icon in the taskbar, but no user interface appears.

When I try to run it from inside DW via the Manage Extensions link under Commands in the DW menu or when I click on Get more objects... under Insert nothing happens.

Absolutely nothing happens. Please note that I then installed the 2.1 update to the Extension manager I still have exactly the same problem.

This is serious. I was a DW user before Adobe bought Macromedia and it was the best product on the market. I just bought my copy for the Mac a few days ago and Adobe support goes out to some folks in India that can barely speak English and you wait in the queues for over 40 minutes when some one gives you something to do and hangs up!

This is horrible! The extension manager is about 80% of the value proposition for DW!

Back