Errors Compiling PHP (crossposted)

rloaderro

Registered
Hi, sorry for posting this twice - wasn't sure of whether Unix of Programming forums would be more correct!? I have a new intel MacBook and am trying to recompile PHP with the GD option. I have accomplished this no problem on an older PPC PowerMac. In order to compile PHP with GD I have also installed some other libraries including freetype2 and jpeg - this I do by the usual:

./configure
make
make install

which I have not had a problem with. However when running ./configure for PHP both the named libraries fail with the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: warning /usr/lib/gcc/i686-aple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../../libfreetype.dylib cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)

(same for libjpeg). In additon, with those libraries excluded, the PHP configure fails over a MySQL error:

configure: error: cannot find MySQL header files under /usr

I use '--with-mysql=/usr' because that appears to be what Apple uses for the default PHP installation (MySQL is in fact installed under '/usr/local' which did not work either).

I am stuck, any help on resolving either of these issues? Some other helpful info: I am installing PHP 4.4.2 - I believe Mac ships with 4.4.1 - and I have upgraded MySQL to 5.0.19 using the RPM for i686 from mysql.com.

Back