I've been trying to ue the Mail program on OS X, but it won't import
from Outlook Express in Classic Mode. What happens is that OE opens up,
but none of my accounts are there (it's blank). My user folders are all
in place. I looked around the web and tried Mail Imports Scripts, which
worked for only my Saved Mail Folder. it didn't import any of my other
folders. I can't seem to import my Address Book either because of the
first problem with OE. Is there another user folder for OE in OS X that
I'm not finding? Thanks. Personally, I'd rather use OE in Classic Mode
if I could. I don't like the layout of Apple's Mail.

Do you have a huge imap account? you might move your mails to that one and finally load into your mail app. I (actually) easily imported my outlook Office X mails to mail. Mail is a very powerful and fast client that I would recommend.

Originally posted by Zammy-Sam
Do you have a huge imap account? you might move your mails to that one and finally load into your mail app. I (actually) easily imported my outlook Office X mails to mail. Mail is a very powerful and fast client that I would recommend.

I have a regular POP account.

Try dragging your mail out of the Outlook folders from the OS 9 system to the desktop of the OS X system and import.

bobw said:
Try dragging your mail out of the Outlook folders from the OS 9 system to the desktop of the OS X system and import.

This is driving me crazy. I want to import my old Outlook Express mail and Contacts into MAIL, but MAIL won't let me unless I have Outlook Express running. And I can't get it to run. Is there any other way? How can I get access to all my old email addresses?

hello
the command line :
Dbx.Conv *.dbx
dbx.conv *.dbx
dbxconv *dbx
etc , spaces or not, . or not, upcase or not
doesn't work. dos message is : .... command is not know as a command, exe file etc..
When i launch dbxconv.exe which is in my folder with the .dbx files it opens a dos windows and close it right away
does someone knows about this issue ?
i am on Window XP, i placed everything in a floder, like the readme file said.
thank you

Back