Expose' Tiger ?

smithy

designer.
Is Expose' upgraded in tiger. I've noticed running in 1280*960, Expose' is sometimes slow and jolty of showing all windows and returning back to a window. I think i know why, my sister bought a 12" iBook and shes running at 1024*768 and Expose' seems to run alot smoother compared to my eMac. Is it because the windows on larger resolutions are bigger therefore will take more resources to complete the job, and that smaller resolutions work better with expose' because windows are smaller compared to larger resolutions ????

Hmmm if that didnt make sense dont worry about it, because i think im confused. Oh yeah, so do you think they will upgrade Expose' for Tiger how is it running at the moment ?

Exposé seems about the same here. I haven't been bothered comparing Panther and Tiger on the same machine though.

Both the eMac and the iBook (if it's a current model) sport similar graphics power: ATi's Radeon 9200 (Mobile edition in the iBook) with 32MB of DDR RAM.

Try setting your eMac to 1024x768 and see if you get the same, fluid motion as the iBook... I'd be willing to bet it's as smooth or smoother than the iBook. Of course, at a higher resolution, more pixels have to be processed, and that could slow things down a bit.

Yep, i have tried it at 1024*768, and it does seem to be the same as the iBook. I wonder if Apple will upgrade Expose' in Tiger though.

Back