fading out

designer

Registered
Hey guys,

Here in my work place, everybody thinks every company will drop their support for Mac because Mac will fade way..

Funny :)

Can anybody tell me a good reason why Mac will stay and will be balanced out with PC market in the future?

:)

Cheers!

Mac since OS V. 6

PC since DOS but Mac is better platform than PC.

I really liked Be OS.

The first answer you can give them is that companies are not dropping Mac support. Actually, more companies than ever are developing software for Mac.

If it's folks at your workplace, they're probably concerned about business applications. Microsoft Office is constantly being developed for Mac OS and currently has a richer feature set than Office on Windows. Other major applications for business such as those by Adobe, Quark, Corel also has a huge Macintosh user base. There's no way they'd decide to cut their revenues almost by half in some cases. In an office environment - anything you'd want to do on a PC, you can also do on a Macintosh, without having to worry about viruses. :)

Why will they continue to do so? People throw around the small market share that Macintosh has, but forget what number of users this translates into. In the last keynote by Steve Jobs at MacWorld, he reported that they have sold 6 million imacs. 6 million users with machines that are capable of performing at any office. This number is ONLY their iMac sales, not their G3 towers, G4 towers, G3 powerbooks, G4 powerbooks, iBooks and future sales. What company wouldn't try to tap that number of users?

I'm sure other people will have other great points to add. I hope this helps your rebuttal, designer. :)

Back