File Recovery

Splinky

Registered
I tried to partition my External drive and ended up delelting a bunch of my files. There really wasn't much that I lost. Just 6 avi videos that I would like to try and recover. I tried Nortons and Data rescue and was unable to locate these files. Is there another program that may be able to retrieve these files? I ran the basic settings in Nortons and Data Rescue. Is there any setting I should have changed?
Also, the partition didn't work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

a drive recovery service may be able to help you - for a fee. The normal partition process removed any data stored on a drive, and is not recoverable, although if caught immediately (no other attempts at format or partition) MAY be successful.
What do you mean by 'The partition didn't work'? If you 'changed' the partition to one partition, that will leave you with one partition only (blank, of course) If you used the Partition tab in Disk utility, then most any number of partitions can be set, along with custom sizes of each partition. If you give up trying to retrieve the files, just redo the partition process, it should work. Also, make sure you select OS 9 drivers as part of that process, so you can still access the partitions from OS 9, if you use it.

Back