Flash Player 7

Stop dissing us, Macromedia! Make our Flash player on par with Windows already!

Ridiculous.

I am not sure, but I thought I read some ppl complaining about airport probs after installing the flashplayer. Anyone who can confirm this? Otherwise I will just install it

The new player is supposed to be optimized for mx'04-created content... which will be a while.

I thought this was the original beta, the one posted on apple's site...

there is a new beta on version tracker... i will say, lately the flash speed has been better than before, so i have faith they are working on it :)

I think this is the same Beta in effect.

As for performance, it may not be up to Windows speed, but it's way better than before. However, I've been using the Beta since it came out. The official update provided no speed gains that I could see.

For me, the single biggest benefit of the latest player is that it supprots Flash transparency. We did a site that would have been moderately crippled wthout it.

http://www.coffeecreekcenter.com

Clicking on the top right LEL flash widget will create a big white box instead of a transparent effect when it rolls over the image below.

Seems more consistent and smooth. A bit faster, barely noticeable, but my site doesn't hang like it use to.

Clicking on the top right LEL flash widget will create a big white box instead of a transparent effect when it rolls over the image below
For people without flash 7 player, why not cut out the portion image underneath of the white box and have that on the bottom layer of your fla. then it wouldnt matter what version you have. just a thought....

Not sure how the hell i scanned over the transparency but I can really do some crazy stuff with that. I know it was available on PCs for a while, we are late, but I haven't seen too many sites use it.

Transparency may be cool, but you must remember that many people (myself included) don't use OS X and, therefore, can't use Flash 7 Player and its transparency features.

Back