G4 Tiger SCSI Card...

Steve Kimpton

Registered
...can anbody suggested a SCSI card that will be capable of driving simple external peripheral devices on my G4 MDD FW800 1ghz (single) OSX Tiger? I'm assuming here that suitable low cost SCSI card are available??

...I've tried to source a SCSI card but it just appears to be a mine field! I thought that an Adaptec 2930U would do the job, but recent Macosx threads suggest that even Jaguar no longer supports drivers for this card (...let alone drivers for the 2930U to work under Tiger!?). Items on ebay (as I found out when I tried to source OS9 - spending good money after bad) are to-say-the-least ambiguous. This just has to be a key issue, and one in which a lot of Mac users must have been left in the dark.

I would be very grateful for some good advice, otherwise I'll be forced to install a very old Adaptec 2940 on my Microsoft XP box - which anoyingly works perfectly.

Thanks

You may want to check out Atto. Their SCSI cards are pretty good (and the only one that would work with a Dual AIT drive setup I had on a G4). According to MacWorld, when Tiger first came out, Atto cards were pretty much the only card reliably working with 10.4.1... Just an opinion though

Back