Get together at MWSF?

edX

mac shaman
well, now that i am pretty sure i'm going (picked up my free exhition hall passes today), i'm wondering if there are others who are going and if we can make some plans for all of us to meet up somewhere.

last year i met up with SimX, who isn't a regular here anymore, but it was still pretty fun. and pretty neat to add a face and voice to someone i communcated with regularly on the site.

my first sugestion would be for us to pick a spot to meet either at lunchtime or before or after the halls open. maybe make it a daily time for those who won't go everyday (like me).

second suggestion is for as many as possible of us to pick a time or 2 and see how many show up.

anybody interested?

i'd need a pass, a ticket from Switzerland to the US and something against my being a smoker (don't want to spend more than two hours in a plane). and i wouldn't take all that upon me without seeing Steve Jobs in person, of course. :p

I need a vacation!
And here I am just starting Physical Therapy... sigh...
Under normal conditions - I could drive to SF and this would be the perfect excuse.
Grrrr.... :(

I just moved to the Sf area.. How do you pick up a free pass? I got a free one for the Paris expo, but haven't seen the option for the expo in SF.
Ed, how did you come about your free pass?

Viktor

I also am interested in free passes...now that all my friends can drive getting out there could be a nice little road trip. :)

ok when i go to peachpit their list of borders stores doesnt work, its a blank page basically....

so is the offer expired?

they said it expires on dec 24, but i had no problems getting mine on dec 26, so i would just try your closest borders. i'd bet they still have them. you have to fill out a slip with your email address - it's not like they're just sitting out for people to grab. go to the 'info' stand.

Hey borders is only, somewhat, about a mile away from my house!
Too bad it's Utah, not Cali. :(

I picked up a pass at borders today, 12-30, at first they said they were all out but after looking around they pulled out a stack of at least 50 passes, this was at the san mateo borders store on el camino ave btw. anyone in the area should definatley check that out cause i doubt they will run out before mac world sf

so, we're getting passes, when are we getting together?

tuesday at 6 pm when it closes?

Hey i am going on tuesday !!!

are you going to be there all day? if so i would love to meet @ lunch

maybe the laptop center thingy ?

go ahead and PM me with any info ^^

do you have to wait in the long "regester at the expo" line !!! wow. if so i think it was worth the $15 just to avoid that

Back