Good US priceguide for hardware?

nukethenick

Registered
I've been checking out the cnet shoppingguide but so far I don't like it much.

What I'd like is to have a portal where I can search for apple systems, ram and so on and get a nice list of shops and their prices.

I'm also curious where you guys buy computer stuff, any shop recommendations?

A lot depends where you are, what shops you have in your state, and how big is the sales tax etc.

When I need bigger tech purchases, I often have a look on www.jandr.com, it's a shop in NYC - as it doesn't have a store where I live I save the sales tax, besides they have often good offers. There are plenty of other sites, with a lot of time zone changes I can't think of any right now. Jandr probably isn't the most complete or best in all the senses, but I've never been dissatisfied with it.

Try dealram.com for ram. If you are buying hard drives and ram, check newegg.com, tigerdirect.com, and directron.com. Remember that most hard drives and ram (assuming you get the right type) are interchangeable between mac and pc. The pc vendors generally have a lower cost thanks to the fact that there are more pc users for them to make a profit off of. If you are looking for mac systems, try pricewatch.com, pricegrabber.com, and resellerratings.com, but generally you will only find about a 10 dollar difference between any mac vendors, because if they don't charge at least the suggested retail price, they don't get certain benefits from Apple so I always just buy direct from the Apple Store (applestore.com).

Back