Graphics Software - cropping, reducing resolution

Harvey

Registered
Hello,

I'm just moving into my new Intel Mac, and looking for something to replace photoshop.

In fact I only used Photoshop to prepare images for use on my blog. I would simply Crap, Auto Adjust Levels, Resize, save for Web, and be done with it.

Does anyone know of any 10.5 friendly graphics apps that could get the same job done?

Thanks for any help!

- Harvey

GraphicConverter is excellent for that kind of task. You could also use the GIMP, which is free, but it runs in X11, so it's not very "Mac-like". I'm not aware of any other free apps with a levels feature.

I could have sworn Graphic Converter came with 10.4, I don't see it on 10.5! Why whyyyy

Download time.

Graphic Converter has come included with the bundled software on some Macs in the past, but not for the last 3 or 4 years, I think. GC has never been a part of the OS itself (and is not an Apple app, anyway)

Graphic Converter has come included with the bundled software on some Macs in the past, but not for the last 3 or 4 years, I think. ...
It certainly came with the Power Mac G5 that I bought 3 years ago. I believe that it was exclusive to the pro Macs. Whether or not Apple buys it for you, GraphicConverter is an application that every Mac user who handles graphics should have.

I'll pick up graphiccoverter.

My previous laptop was a G4 Powerbook so that explains why it was included and now not, at least our stories mesh anyway.

Yes, it comes with iPhoto, but I have grown not to like that app...

Back