Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

longston

Registered
I just completed several upgrades to my 933Mhz iBook G4 including replacing the old (dead) 40Gb hard drive with a factory sealed 120Gb Seagate hard drive, replacing the original CW-8123-C combo drive with a new UJ-845 SuperDrive, and adding a 512Mb RAM module. After I reassembled the iBook, everything worked fine except the hard drive doesn't show up on the desktop, in Disk Utility, or in the System Profiler.

I can easily boot the iBook from a DVD, or external hard drive using firewire.

The iBook works perfectly connected with a firewire cable to my external 160Gb hard drive running OS 10.4.10.

The new 120Gb internal hard drive works fine outside of the iBook when connected through firewire.

I replaced the hard drive ribbon cable in the iBook just in case that was damaged in the upgrade process, and it made no difference. I have no way of testing either cable to see if that was the problem after all, but I just happened to get another dead cable as the replacement.

The new internal hard drive still doesn't work in my iBook.

Have you seen this problem before, is it related to a logic board problem, or do you have any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back